Ok here are some more pictures– I have been receiving requests of our progress– I do not know if you can tell, but we HAVE been working- We put down the underlay for the roof, it is not as easy as it looks (if it looks easy). Actually the we consisted of Keith all the time and Brian with about 3/4 of it and then Keith had to settle for me for the last 1/4. We started laying it on a Saturday afternoon, and did the front porch. Sunday we were going to start the main roof, which has a bit more pitch.
I was some what nervous about this part. The angle is such that you have to lean all the time, more than it looks you would. My knees have become most uncooperative since my being sick, don’t know why, or what, just know they REALLY hurt. The right one hurts to straighten and the left to bend. So sitting in a crouched position unrolling a huge roll of paper on a 12:5 pitch roof in the wind AND being a clutz makes me nervous. So I prayed for strength and ability all day Sunday before we began the roof. Just as I was climbing the ladder to begin this endeavor Keith’s phone rang, it was Brian, my strength and ability calling, to see if we needed any help!!
The guys got all the front pitched roof done and the back porch. Keith and I finished the back pitch in two more afternoons. Keith has lots of holes in his tongue from biting it those two days.
The electric is mostly run, that took many days and wire. And some amazing friends!! Thanks Guys, we never ever would have done it without you!
have 3600 square feet of 800 polishing and then 3600 square feet of 1500 polishing and probably a densifyer or sealer finish to go and the floors are finished. I have run 4 different grinds and will have run 6 rounds of polish- 36,000 feet of grinding polishing. NEVER NEVER again, the floors will be great, but NEVER NEVER again. We will be selling the grinder polisher– we bought it for 7000$ and a little extra for the last polish pads and densifiyer— If we sell if for 3000 then we will have 1$ per square foot floors… Anyone buying?
We are pretty sure we have the doors ‘done’, except for the front door Keith is proposing to build. Some friends just un-broke ground and we purchased some of their doors from them.
God has blessed us with a change in the building weather, our construction people are getting hungry and beginning to come to us for work and are actually coming DOWN and competing with each other on prices.Steel prices came down this week so our roof cost will toWhat we are fixin to do:
- Roof this weekend
- Finish polish
- Run rest of plumbing
- (exhaust)Air ducts for air/heat ( need to have them ‘compete’ more)
- Dry wall and texture
- Doors hang
- Master bath: toilet, sinks(have)build tile shower, bath(have)
- Texture paint Master bed
The cabinets have been purchased!! They should be ready at end of February– Again a God send. The cabinet maker, the timing, the cost, all perfect. After we had figured we could not afford anything but prefab and wondered if that would be worth it.. Here is this, they will be knotty alder, exactly what we want!!
Our hope is to be to a point of moving in it by April– basically kitchen and master finished and the rest to be finished within a few weeks and $$ of that.
I gotta go and grind– more soon–